Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Julia's Birthday!

Today is Julia's official birthday. We opened presents, then gave her choices of what she wanted to eat. Believe it or not, she wanted sushi?? She has been playing with her toy sushi for a couple weeks now and has said, "I want sushi" so call us crazy, but we took a 2 year-old to Kobe (a restaurant like Shogun). She liked watching the chef use his knives and perform tricks, but when he lit the fire, she turned her head to the side and was watching him from the corner of her eye. We wished that we had a video camera because it was so funny. The waitress gave her chopsticks that had rubberbands around them to make them easier to use. She ate every bite with them. We encouraged her to use her fork, but she continued eating rice, noodles, shrimp, vegetables and steak all with the chopsticks. I was impressed with her skills because I still cannot use them, especially for rice or noodles. She ate some of the sushi, but I can't say it was her favorite.

No comments:

OUR YOUNG LIFE

CURT, TARA, JULIA, AND JOSEPH