Sunday, January 10, 2010

Gymnastics Gone Bad


Julia was ready for gymnastics on this day, but once we got there, she kept talking about how she was cold. This was one of those days where temperatures were frigid so I didn't think anything of her comments. She also sat in my lap instead of waiting by the door with the other kids. When it was time to go into the gym, she began crying and clinging to me. This has never happened because she usually loves going to gymnastics and will even ask to go on days when she doesn't have class. I was so furious that she would not participate and told her that if we left, we were going home and she was going straight to bed. She easily agreed, which I found quite odd. I drove her home, lecturing her the whole way. Once home, before I knew where she had gone, she had climbed into her bed. At this point, I knew something was very strange. When she woke up, she had a fever that was almost 102 degrees. I apologized for being angry with her and gave her extra loving that night. She said, "That's o.k., Mommy".

No comments:

OUR YOUNG LIFE

CURT, TARA, JULIA, AND JOSEPH