Monday, January 31, 2011

Beautiful Day!

We had a hint of Spring this weekend with temperatures in the 60's. The kids and I went to Craighead Forest Park where they played on one of the smaller playgrounds, looked at the ducks (neither wanted to get too close), and we walked back-and-forth across a bridge. Their favorite part of the day was the slide. They both went down it repeatedly; forwards and backwards. I was shocked at the number of people at the park fishing, having picnics, walking, etc. and the variety of clothing we saw. Some had on tank tops and shorts, while others had on winter coats. I guess it was a typical sight for a warm, winter day in Arkansas.

The kids also played outside at home driving their car. Julia allowed Joseph to drive the majority of the day. She rode on the back "like a princess", but soon learned that he wasn't the safest driver. She decided that getting inside and fastening her seatbelt was a better choice. I was sitting in a chair watching them and when I turned around the car was headed toward me at full-speed. I yelled for Joseph to "Stop!", but they continued toward me. You wouldn't think the car would be too fast; however, it was fast enough to knock the chair completely over and I fell onto the ground. After that, I tried teaching Joseph not to always drive with the pedal-to-the-medal.






No comments:

OUR YOUNG LIFE

CURT, TARA, JULIA, AND JOSEPH