It seems like it is harder and harder to find time to get on the computer to update the blog these days. We are very busy doing all kinds of activities this summer. We have been going to the library, shopping, swimming, etc.
Today, we went to a special morning Veggie Tales movie. It was both Julia and Joseph's first movie in a theater. Julia was amazed at the big screen and curtains. She commented that the "popcorn was really good" too. Joseph was a trooper (as always). He watched some of the movie and sat quietly in my lap until he fell asleep.
Also today was also Julia's first day of swimming lessons. Last week she was fearless in the water and had to be watched closely so we just knew that this was the window of opportunity to teach her. Yesterday when we went back to the pool, she would barely get in. Her daddy and I went back last night to work with her and she barely got her knees wet the whole time so we just knew that today would be a disaster. I tried prepping her all morning by telling her that her swim teacher was coming and telling her that she had to listen and follow her teacher's directions. I asked her hypothetical questions about what she would do if the teacher asked her to kick her legs, blow bubbles, or walk into the water. She agreed that she would do each of these things, but the truth was yet to be known. She seemed to like Mrs. Jennifer in the beginning and easily accompanied her to the pool, but began crying when they walked into the waist-deep water. Then, they moved back into the shallow end and Mrs. Jennifer pulled some tricks from her bag-bubbles, a turtle, and some ducks. I was sitting back in the shade so I didn't hear the conversation but it appeared that Julia was getting more and more comfortable and laughing. Before long, (to my surprise...or should I say "shock") Julia was blowing bubbles in the water and venturing out a little further. This lady is truly a miracle worker. Julia said that they made pizza and blew out birthday candles, etc. so I think she had a great time. Hopefully, they won't have to start from scratch tomorrow. I'll try to get some pictures to show her progress. . .
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OUR YOUNG LIFE
CURT, TARA, JULIA, AND JOSEPH


No comments:
Post a Comment