When Joseph woke up, he came into the living room more hesitantly. He quickly began opening candy and not even caring what else was in his basket.
After candy for breakfast, we got on our Easter frock and went to church. I'll have to say that it was a memorable service for us. Julia loves going to her Sunday School class and anxiously goes straight to her class without any problems. Getting Joseph to go into the nursery is another story. . . Julia has stayed with him, I've stayed with him multiple times and he's been left crying, but he still is not comfortable. We have been going to church services at different times, but I decided about a month ago that we would consistently go to the 9:40 service so he could see the same kids/nursery workers on a more regular basis. We started with me in the room with him and he played some, but did not want me to leave, but I left and he screamed and screamed so I took him to the sanctuary with us and that didn't work. Then I took him back to the nursery and that didn't work either. So we walked out of the nursery and he took off running and screaming toward the sanctuary, hitting the glass doors leading into the sanctuary with both hands. Curt said that people from the other side of the congregation saw us, hair flying, while I tried to gather him and run the other direction as quickly as I could. We dropped a shoe in the process, but we weren't turning back. Curt grabbed the shoe and met us outside. Joseph and I didn't return to the building. Luckily, church was almost over by then.


No comments:
Post a Comment