X versus Y Dyeing
 |
| Mischievious Little Boy |
Parenting a boy and a girl is so very different and the experience of dyeing Easter eggs was just one more time that this difference was very evident. Joseph grabbed the first egg and cracked it on the side of the bowl. In his defense, I know he's seen this done while cooking, but I think he enjoyed the thought of cracking them instead of making them pretty. Once he learned the concept of placing them in the dye, he tried to see how many eggs he could fit into one tiny bowl, then he tried pouring the colors together. Needless to say, this was frustrating for a little girl that couldn't wait to gently place her eggs into the bright colors, not ones that had been haphazardly mixed. Luckily, Joseph became bored with this quiet activity very quickly and asked to go outside to ride his car. I could see the look of relief on Julia's face when I agreed. His time spent with the dye was very short-lived for next year so we'll see how it goes for a 3 year-old.
 |
| Excited Little Girl |
OUR YOUNG LIFE
CURT, TARA, JULIA, AND JOSEPH
No comments:
Post a Comment